CORRESPONDENCE AND REQUESTS FOR ARCHBISHOP WESTER
December 11, 2020
Good evening all,
I have had the opportunity to meet many of you virtually, and I look forward to the time when we can meet in person. In the event we have not yet had an opportunity to meet I want to begin by introducing myself. My name is Melanie Mascarenas. I am Archbishop Wester’s new Executive Assistant. Going forward, I will be your point of contact. My contact information is: 505-831-8120;
I am writing this email at the request of Archbishop Wester as we are taking time to review the best processes and procedures to ensure that we can best work together to provide for the many requests and needs that he is presented with on a daily basis.
Please keep in mind the following points in regards to correspondence and requests for Archbishop Wester:
1) Please do not place his name on any group distribution lists for emails. There are many emails that are sent to groups of people. When some individuals (and sometimes full groups) reply, they “reply to all” which means that the Archbishop receives every reply - increasing the number of emails he receives. (If the Archbishop initiates an email and is asking a group of people for their input, he will decide if the input should be sent directly to him or to the entire group.)
2) All requests for the Archbishop to attend meetings, to meet with him, asking his participation in events, attendance at dinners, or celebration of Masses must be sent to . All supporting documentation (scheduled event form, scheduled liturgy form, agendas, worship aids, programs, etc.) should also be submitted to or provided by hardcopy.
3) If your request is for anytime Monday through Friday, 1:00-5:00 p.m., I can provide you with a quick reply to your request. For all other requests, I gather them and present them at one time to the Archbishop – please note this could be once a week or once a month, depending on the Archbishop’s calendar. Your patience in waiting for a reply is greatly appreciated. It is best to plan early; many requests are submitted between six months and one year ahead of time. (Just so you know how extensive this process is, the Archbishop’s participation was requested 67 times in a two-week period!)
4) You are also welcome to submit your requests in writing or call 505-831-8120. But I ask, please do not submit your request by all three venues (email, written and phone call).
For your convenience, I have attached the current Scheduled Event Form and Scheduled Liturgy Form for your use. Please destroy all previous versions. (The only thing that has changed is the email address which it can be returned to.)
5) Please share this information with your commissions, councils, and committees; as many of them are requesting the Archbishop’s time and providing agendas and supporting documentation for meetings. Again, I ask that you send information to to ensure that all information is received and prepared in a timely manner.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. I look forward to working with you.